The Committee on Masonic Education shall be composed of not fewer than five members of knowledge, dedication, and tact, of which at least one shall be a Past Master and Chairman appointed by the Worshipful Master, who shall be responsible for reporting to the Master on the Candidate’s progress through the Three Symbolic Degrees and Masonic Education Program as prescribed by Regulation 37.12 and 37.18.
The Committee on Masonic Education shall have a Sub-Committee for the Masonic Education of
Candidates and shall be called the “Lodge Mentor’s Committee.”
- This Committee shall be composed of Past Masters, very knowledgeable Brothers or Brothers
willing to invest the necessary time to become knowledgeable about all aspects of Freemasonry,
with the same requirements for dedication and tact.
- The Lodge Mentor shall not be the Catechism Instructor.
- A Lodge Mentor is required to be knowledgeable in the following: Masonic history, tradition,
decorum, conduct, Masonic Law, Lodge history, community history in regards to his own Lodge,
and American history concerning Masonry.
- The mentoring of Candidates shall be conducted according to GL-200 Instruction Booklet in The
Lodge System of Masonic Education.
- This committee shall report to the Chairman of the Committee on Masonic Education on the
Candidate’s progress through the three Symbolic Degrees and Masonic Education.
This Committee shall report to the Chairman of the Committee on Masonic Education on the
Candidate’s progress through the Three Symbolic Degrees and Masonic Education.